Expand/Collapse All

Where is Mebane City Hall located and what are the hours of operation?

  • Mebane City Hall is located at 106 E. Washington Street in Downtown Mebane (the Municipal Building faces the railroad tracks.) Hours of operation are 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.

What are the phone numbers for Alamance County offices and Orange County offices?

  • Alamance County: 336-228-1312
    Orange County 919-732-8181

What companies provide electricity, gas, telephone, and cable TV to Mebane?

  • Electricity:
    Duke Power 1-800-777-9898
    Piedmont Electric 1-800-222-3107

    Natural or Propane Gas Service:
    Public Service Co. of NC (PSNC) 877-776-2427

    Cable or satellite service:
    CenturyLink 1-855-716-5873
    Time Warner Cable 1-866-489-2669

When and where does the city council meet?

  • The City Council meets in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building on the first Monday of each month, at 6:00pm unless rescheduled due to a holiday. Click here for Council calendar.

How do I get placed on the City Council’s agenda?

  • You must submit a request in writing to the City Manager at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting in order to be placed on the agenda. Mailing address: 106 E. Washington Street, Mebane, NC 27302.

How can I contact the Mayor?

  • The Mayor is an elected official who presides over the City Council meetings; however, he is not a full time paid employee of the City of Mebane. He may be reached by phone at 919-563-5075 or by email at

When and where does the Planning Board meet?

  • The Planning Board meets in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building on the second Monday of each month, at 6:30pm.

Where can I find out about Parks & Recreation Department functions (July 4th Fireworks, Christmas Parade, Sports Camps, etc.)?

  • Refer to the seasonal activities section of the website. Click here for details.

Where do I dispose of trash and waste that the city does not pick up?

  • Please contact the City of Mebane Public Works Department at 919-563-3401.

Does the City of Mebane have a Chamber of Commerce?

  • The City of Mebane is a member of the Alamance County Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call 336-228-1338 or visit their website at .

How do I report a non-working street light?

  • Please contact the Mebane Police Department at 919-563-9031 or you can report the outage on the citizen dashboard website page.

Where do I vote?

  • Depending upon the county in which you reside, contact one of the following offices:
    Alamance County Board of Elections 336-570-6755 or
    Orange County Board of Elections 919-245-2400.