Planning and Zoning

Planning and Zoning

Expand/Collapse All

How can I get a rezoning, special use, or variance application?

  • You can find the application the Planning and Zoning page by clicking here , look for the planning forms and applications tab, or you may call the Planning Department at 919-563-9990 to obtain an application.

How long is the rezoning, special use, or variance process?

  • These processes usually take between 2 - 3 months.

How long will it take for plan review?

  • Plan review takes 1-2 weeks.

How much is a rezoning, special use, or variance application?

  • These applications are each $200.00.

How much is the Technical Review Committee (TRC) fee?

  • TRC fee is $200.00.

When and where does the Planning Board meet?

  • The Planning Board meets in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building on the second Monday of each month, at 6:30pm.

What form of payment can I use?

  • If mailing, checks and money orders should be made out to City of Mebane. If paying in person those methods are accepted as well as credit/debit cards.

May I pay fees over the phone with a credit/debit card?

  • No, we do not accept payments over the telephone.